Burrito for 20070907

Critters

Friday morning we had an uninvited guest sneak into our house. Wife called around 10am to let me know there was a rat in the computer room ... but it has large eyes like a racoon, so maybe it isn't a rat. Oh by the way, it's hanging by its tail on a desk beam. "It is a Opossum?" I asked. "Yes, that's it, a Opossum!"

She had to leave for work, so I told her I'd look for it when I got home. After several minutes I couldn't find the little bugger, so I gave up trying. A little while later I found him tucked up inside one of our bookshelves. I grabbed him by the tail and dropped him into the waiting pet carrier. Not being park rangers, we had no idea what to feed it so we dropped in some string cheese and headed out to dinner.

We contacted a wildlife rehabilitator for relocation, which is when we found out that apples, not cheese, was probably better for its diet. It wasn't until Monday that we were able to transfer our little marsupial to a better home.

Speaking of critters, FatCat is finally back from his hospital stay and seems to be slowly recovering. He's on meds currently, and will possibly be put on a special diet next week.

Sports

Saturday night I attended my first ever professional soccer game, FC Dallas vs DC United, thanks to free tickets supplied by The Captain. The company was excellent, the environment was fun, and the game was awful. The keeper, "Super Dario", was quite the opposite of super and gave up 4 weak goals. The team was demoralized after the second goal went in during stoppage time of the first half.

I went walking all three mornings of the long weekend, and played tennis with Smurf and Fabio on Sunday evening. My feet, calves, and butt were all quite sore Tuesday morning. I didn't get in a full workout at the gym on Wednesday due to insufficient H 20 resources.

School

There was only one class this week due to the holiday, and my professor was out of town. So instead of a substitute lecturer this time she put together a 75 minute vlog lecture for us to watch. I've got homework due on Monday which has progressed very little but I don't anticipate having much trouble with it.

iHype

Wednsday, of course, Apple revealed its new iPod / iPhone line-up and pricing, much to the dismay of all the suckers that spent $599 on a telephone, only to have the price drop $200 less than 2 months later. The only iPod I've ever really been interested in is the nano, and I am not yet sold on the widescreen edition. The iTouch looks neat, but not within my reasonable price range. After all of the pricing announcements there was a huge wave of Apple products on Craigslist trying to sell to other suckers before the new pricing was well known.

Random

This is the most beat up vehicle I've ever seen. It's hard to tell from the picture (camera phones suck), but it has no doors, no windshield, and looks like it's been rolled a few times. It definitely caught quite a few stares from people traversing the parking lot. It was gone after lunch - we theorize that it was either towed or simply disintegrated on the spot.

No comments: