Burrito for 20070918

Didn't quite have time to post last Friday, I know you all have been waiting in eager anticipation.

Sports

It's finally sports season again. The Cowboys have been posting up the big points for their first two games, and tonight is the first pre-season game for the Stars. Wife and myself are actually going to the hockey game on Thursday night against the Avs. I'm not going to follow hockey quite so intently this year ( i.e. I may opt to not watch a few games on TV, specifically west-coast weeknight games), but I'm still looking forward to it.

Games

I got in a little bit of game time over the weekend, though I should have been working on homework. I tried a new game by NCSoft called Dungeon Runners , and I plan to post a review soon. I am also wanting to have a look at Tabula Rasa, but haven't gotten to that yet.


Random

I spent an unreasonable amount of time on Amazon's Mechanical Turk trying to find that idiot Steve Fossett. I'm disappointed that he hasn't been found, and is probably distributed amongst the stomachs of several large buzzards now, but he really should have requested a radar follow.

Google Transit added DART routes to their system today. I didn't even know Google had a module for mass transit systems. Now I'll know exactly which train I must miss in order to be late for an event.

Apparently someone at work found the motivational posters, and Tina hanged them on the walls at the end of the rows. You know the ones; a random picture juxtaposed with a single large word and a silly phrase beneath ... like these, but not funny.

For the hell of it, I briefly looked at pet social networking sites, mostly for my own amusement. I think my dog can have his own Dogster page sometime after he learns to send email. During my research into this subject, I found SNIF, which is probably about the closest you can get to having the pet build its own social network. Interesting idea, and I look forward to seeing how it looks when they "go live", but it's currently an order of magnitude too expensive for widespread adoption, I think.

No comments: