Declaring My Eligibility

This post is to declare that I am, indeed, going to participate in this year's PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker ... damn that's a long event title. Last year I did pretty darn well in this event, making it all the way up to 36 out of a field of over a thousand, winning the iPod Nano to which I now listen every day.

My poker skills are a bit rusty these days, since the U.S. Congress knows what's better for me and my gambling "problem", although I still play the government-sponsored lottery a few times a month (go figure). I am hoping that I can at least make a show of it, and not do something incredibly stupid. I don't mind losing straight up, and I don't mind a bad beat, but I don't want to defeat myself.

Luckily I don't have to go through any hoops to deposit money for this event, since it is 100% free for anyone that has a blog. Yes, even you! As a matter of fact, you should sign up, because the worst that can happen is that you spend a couple of hours with good friends such as me and Wil, and win nothing. The best that can happen? Well I'm shooting for 3rd place, where the big screen TV, SLR camera, and nice camcorder come as a prize package. I wouldn't mind a new iPod either, though ...

Sign-ups end tomorrow at 6p.m. Eastern (that's 5:00 pm for us in Central)

Texas Holdem Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker!

This Online Poker Tournament is a No Limit Texas Holdem event exclusive to Bloggers.

Registration code: 8795382







No comments: