0707

Tired, so tired.  In a matter of hours this month will be effectively dead to me, and I can start my physical and mental rehabilitation. I can finally get back to working on solving real problems with real code, starting with stripping out all of the awful hacks from the previous 30 days.

More importantly I can start thinking about thing that aren't work related. You know, things like my wife, unborn child, dogs, friends, family, house, swimming pool, diet, exercise, money, and sleep ... all of the things I've not been able to give my attention throughout this entire useless venture.

In three weeks I get to add 'school' to that list, but I've decided to lighten my load and only take one class this semester. Since some of those things on that list (e.g. the transition of unborn child into born child) are going to be requiring an additional portion of my 24/7, I ultimately decided that I'd be happier and more successful by reducing my school load by half, at least in the short term.

As I told my wife last night, my plans for the immediate future are to:

  1. Leave work at around lunch time today.  
  2. Play the lottery tomorrow night.
  3. Profit
It may be a flawed plan, but it's a plan nonetheless.

My other plan for this month (hopefully less flawed) is to build a for-profit website that provides a useful service at a very low price.  I am not going to reveal specifics at this time, but those who have heard my idea have given a positive response.  The startup cost is low (mostly just time), and it has some potential to bring in a few pennies so I'm going to go for it.  I will soon be looking for alpha testers;  if you are interested please respond here or email me.

A'ight, I'm gonna hogtie this li'l doggie and get the fark outta here.
/Texan

No comments: